The Belfair 1811 Charitable Fund embraces the pride, passion and commitment of Belfair members to impact the lives of those people in need in the greater Bluffton, South Carolina area.
The fund will be supported through events at the club, as well as alternate giving opportunities available through this website.
It is the intent of the foundation to raise funds on an annual basis, and then disperse all funds through a grant system once a year.
What is the Belfair 1811 Charitable Fund?
It is a charitable fund, sanctioned by the Belfair Board of Directors and administered by The Community Foundation of the Lowcountry designed to distribute funds to needy charitable organizations in Beaufort County.
What is the Fund’s Mission Statement?
The fund’s mission is to embrace the pride, passion and and commitment of the Belfair members to impact the lives of those people in need in the greater Bluffton South Carolina area.
What Will the Fund Do?
Many members of Belfair felt the time was right to create a formal charitable program under the Belfair name to reach out to the more than 350 local charitable organizations in Beaufort County.
How does the Fund work?
The Grant Committee has planned a series of fundraising events to be held over the next several years as the primary source of income. The fund will be managed by The Community Foundation of the Low country. This is a public 501c3 organization that has been in business for 22 years, manages over $70 million in assets, and administers over 275 local charitable funds. We pay the Community Foundation 1.75% as a management fee for their services.
What Has the Fund Accomplished so far?
Since approval by the Board in May, the Grant Committee which is responsible for the overall direction and fund strategy has:
- Developed a website available to members, as well as a separate site available to outside charities.
- Developed a grant application form and a detailed grant time line.
- Distributed $53,000 in grants to 10 local charitable organizations.
- Med-I-Assist, $12,000 grant for eye exams and prescription glasses.
- Neighborhood Outreach, $8,000 grant to add a middle school level after school tutoring and enrichment program.
- Second Helpings, $5,000 grant to purchase a new refrigerated truck.
- Bluffton-Jasper Volunteers in Medicine, $5,000 grant to fund a transition patient pharmaceutical program.
- Hospice Care, $2,000 grant to provide direct cost of care for uninsured patients.
- Programs for Exceptional People, $8,000 grant to create a lawn and landscaping training service.
- Crossroads Community Support, $3,000 grant to provide healthy food for school age children for one year.
- Deep Well, $5,000 grant to make home repairs for families in need.
- The Literacy Center, $3,000 grant to fund a series of on-going literacy classes.
- Bluffton Self help, $2,000 grant to provide on-going classes on personal financial fitness.
What Can You Do to Support the Fund?
There are several ways you can support the Fund:
- Make a one time or recurring donation on your monthly statement by calling the accounting office at 843-757-0700. If you wish to make a donation using your credit card, by clicking here.
- Enroll in the Kroger rewards Program by clicking here.
If your organization is a registered 501c3 and would like to apply for a grant from the Belfair 1811 Charitable Fund please Click Here (please download file and complete fillable PDF).